Did you know that many banks are raising fees and reducing savings account and Certificate of Deposit (CDs) interest rates?
Due to the number of banks failing, expect that the bank fees you pay may go up, so I recommend the following:
(1) Read every piece of mail your bank sends you,
(2) talk to your local banking rep about fees and interest rates,
(3) visit your banks website to research the increase of fees and reduction of interest rates, or
(4) Google information to assist you with finding *free* checking.
Potential rising fees:
- ATM fees
- Checking account fees
- Overdraft fees
- Money order fees
- Safety deposit fees Yes, *free* checking still exists and I have recommendations. Leave a comment if you have any questions.